1. For starters, wash eggplants, remove their stalks and, cute them into 1 cm dice. Sprinkle them with salt, “sweat” them under weights for about an hour, then, rinse them under running water and pat them to remove water. Next up, wash the tomatoes and cut them into wedges.
2. At this point, put a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan, and when heated, add the eggplant dice. Cook over medium heat, stirring for about 25 minutes. Now, it’s time to add tomatoes and basil and cook for 5-10 minutes. Set the vegetables aside on a dish.
3. Let’s move on to the dough: in a bowl, mix flour with milk at room temperature, water, salt, sugar, baking powder and oil to form a soft but firm dough. Set aside for about 20 minutes.
4. Next up, we cut the dough into two halves, one of which is larger than the other, and flatten each with a rolling pin. Grease mildly the non-stick pan previously used and turn the stove on. Lay the largest dough disk on the bottom of the pan, pour over the eggplant and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Then, cover the second dough disk and close the focaccia by joining the edges tightly.
5. Cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes on each side. Serve piping hot.