1. For starters, clean and dice carrot, celery and onion; remove the orange rind (only the orange part) and set aside, squeeze the juice.
2. Next up, place a pot with 1.5 liters of water on the stove, add shank and salt and bring to a boil. Remove the foam that forms on the surface
3. At this point, add all the ingredients and cook for 2 hours, simmering and letting water evaporate, and turning the shank in the final stretch of the cooking time
4. Time to remove the shank and strain the cooking liquid
5. Finally, serve with braised vegetables.