1. Time to remove the tips from the zucchini, wash and cut them into half moons. Then, chop shallots
2. Next, let’s turn on the stove. Place a large non-stick skillet on it, put a dash of extra virgin olive oil and when hot, add the shallots.
3. At this point, heat for about two minutes, then add bacon: cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, then add the zucchini and continue cooking for about 15 minutes, also adding salt and pepper.
4. Dissolve the saffron in the cooking cream and add to zucchini: heat and flavor with thyme.
5. Time to cook the penne pasta al dente and season with the sauce.