1. Let’s start with whisking the egg yolk, then adding water alternating with flour until the batter is smooth.
2. Refrigerate the batter for at least half an hour.
3. Next up, clean, wash and devine prawns. Clean the pumpkin flowers, remove the petiole and wrap them around the prawn tails, securing them with a long wooden skewer.
4. Now it’s time to place the pan on the fire, add the peanut oil and heat (180°).
5. Add ice cubes to the batter, dip the prawns and place them in hot oil, a few at a time, and cook until they are golden.
6. Time to drain them on absorbent paper and serve them accompanied with soy sauce to taste.